Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Monday 7 November 2011

The freshness of Raw in Spring time.

Hello everyone...I am back and happy to be here. Its been a while since I have posted anything new, as I fumbled, lost through the last month, finding a little more of myself and my 'middle ground' in a raw lifestyle.

Finding that 'middle ground' has been a struggle, as I personally find it quite difficult to allow just 'a little bit' sometimes, as that 'little bit' easily becomes a lot more and lines become very hazy. Not only that, eating just one baked muffin...ok, it wasn't actually just one, I ate 3 in the afternoon, just turns my stomach, literally. I have discovered that eating only truly raw in its whole form, my appetite is content and I feel completely fresh inside with not a need to 'over do it' and want more. My energies are high and I am feeling good. Its only when I enjoy the tastes of processed, baked or cooked foods, my taste buds are in charge and I find myself wanting more, in some cases, even when my stomach is literally about to burst with fullness until it cramps! My energy also plummets, I just want to curl up on the lounge and become a couch potato and I feel crap. 

Anyway, these are all good lessons and just as much as I love raw food and the benefits it provides for my mind and body and my wish to eat it all the time, I have accepted that this will not always be the case as our lives transition from what they are now, to what we are aiming to achieve, maybe only then a 100% raw lifestyle may be achievable. For now it is a very high raw diet as I take it day by day, hoping to end each day on just wholesome pure raw food. 

So today like the last few have been all raw and today like the other days, we have enjoyed simple raw meals to coinside with the glorious season we are in now - Spring, coming into summer and with it, the flow of sweet juicy fruits! 

I absolutely love fruit, tropical fruits and berries particularly. I can eat fruit all day and be totally content. As long as the fruits keep rolling in, my interest in other cooked, baked or processed foods will be all but gone.

Here is our simple Spring lunch today...

Our simple staple salad made by Starzi:

Just throw together some greens, avocado, olives and tomatoes and top with a dressing made from olive oil, crushed garlic, pinch salt and juice of lemon (we used apple cider vinegar today as we were out of lemons) and then for something different and because our garden is thriving with them, a sprig of chopped dill.



  
This salad was served with Moroccan Carrots

Spiral a couple of carrots, toss in olive oil, juice of half an orange, dash of lemon juice, pinch of salt, sprinkle of cumin powder and cinnamon and some cracked pepper with a topping of fresh chopped parsley.



This was followed by the sweet fresh juice of a thai young coconut



And then to top it off...my favourite food in the world! Mangoes! Simply a bowl of diced mangoes with a few left over strawberries for colour. So easy, simple and totally delicious.

1 comment: