Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Thursday 28 July 2011

Raw simple pancakes (No dehydrating)

I love pancakes and I am always looking for great raw pancake recipes. I have tried several styles and made a few up myself - all of which have been really yummy, but they all involved a considerable amount of preparations and dehydrating. The last batch took almost 3 days from soaking ingredients to final dehydrating, so a lot of energy for a little luxury.

In my experience over the last 6 months of eating a raw diet, the simplest ideas are always the best. Today I made a simple raw pancake and it was the best.

I have just added to my expanding raw food library, a couple of Ani Phyo's raw books, and I am very thankful I did. I love her ideals on raw recipes -meals that are simple with ingredients that are living, not just raw. A cracker that has been dehydrated for 2 days can be still a raw food, but not living - the life and water has dried up.
The first recipe I trialled was her breakfast cakes - so simple and so quick..and so tasty! An instant hit with everyone! 

Recipe:
2 cups of linseed ground
1/2 cup agave syrup
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/2 pinch of salt
1/4 cup of water
Combine then roll and flatten into cakes..top with fruit and syrup..yes that easy.

Raw 'instant' pancakes

I think I will try to expand on the recipe next time and add a mashed banana, maybe some vanilla powder, chopped 'activated' walnuts, blueberries....


I served these wonderful little cakes up for breakfast to everyone and every plate was licked clean with requests for more! I even had 2 serves....:)



Empty plates after a meal makes for a happy Mum!


And here is a variation that we created:
Little sweet linseed balls.

Recipe:

1 cup of ground linseed
1 ripe banana
4 dates
2 Tblsp coconut oil
Big blog of raw honey

Blend until well combined, roll into balls and cover in shredded coconut.

The kids ate these within minutes!

Sweet little 'nut free' balls of goodness

9 comments:

  1. how do you come up with these?? looks great- am going to try with honey instead of agave :) thanks peta xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had read what you had written about the pancakes instead of jumping to the recipe and photos then I would have known how you came up with these!! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could take credit for these little treats..they are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only just tried these breakfast pancakes this morning. What a pleasant surprise! I'm convinced they taste a little like blueberry - some blueberries in it would be perfect. We however had them plain with strawberries and bananas sliced on top with a strawberry and date syrup. Big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these looks amazing... When looking at the pancake recipe I thought I wanted to do it with banana. Then I scrolled down a little bit... And what did I say? Amazeballs! :D I will totally do them very soon. Your children are so lucky to grow up like this - so healthy and enjoying food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there again! How long can you keep these sweet balls? They look so good, but I am thinking abiut doing an extra portion for breakfast tomorrow. *-*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lorena,
    Thanks for your positive words. These are really great and last a few days in the fridge. I have made extra and enjoyed them over about 3 days from the fridge but Id assume they would last even longer if need be. Let me know how you go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I attempted to make the pancakes this morning and they didn't quite turn out right. I used a coffee grinder to grind the whole flax seeds and the mix was really "grainy". Should I buy the flour? I also used half coconut nectar with the agave (for a lower glycemic index) and the dough was very sticky making it impossible to flatten into cakes. This may be the whole problem. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing Ani's recipe! I have her book but it's lost in my cast library at the moment 😆 I will definitely be trying out your version too- that sounds very yummy (& maybe even better! 🤫😂)

    ReplyDelete