Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Sunday 24 July 2011

Simple lunch recipes

One of the best things about eating raw for me, is just how quickly a few vegetables can be transformed into something delicious with out much effort. 
This was our lunch today - prepared in literally minutes!



Raw zucchini pasta with tomato sauce -
Recipe:
Pasta: Using my spiraliser, I created a bowl full of wholesome zucchini noodles
Sauce: In my blender, I combined until smooth, 1 cup of soaked sun dried tomatoes with 2 fresh tomatoes, a garlic clove, 2 dates, dash of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
Assembly: Toss noodles through sauce, top with olives, spinach leaves, thin slices of left over sun dried tomatoes, fresh herbs, 'rawmassen cheese' (made by grinding to a powder  1/2 cup of cashews, 1 tsp garlic granules and pinch of salt) 


Raw zucchini pasta in raw tomato sauce
Vegetable 'Rawfry' in a Sweet & Sour sauce
Recipe:
Vegetables: Thinly slice a selection of vegetables - zucchini, carrot, broccoli and place in a dish. Throw in a handful of spinach leaves and some kelp noodles. 
Sauce: blend 3 Tbls Nama Shoyu, 1 dollop of honey, 1 clove of garlic crushed, 1 small cube of crushed ginger, 1/4 cup sesame oil, small piece of crushed de-seeded chili. (forgot to top with sesame seeds)
Assemble: simply toss sauce through strips of vegetables an place in dehydrator for about half an hour to warm and soften.

Vegetable 'rawfry' in sweet & sour sauce

After about a month of struggling with Rhody to eat anything other than fruit, or raw 'buckwheaties' and almond milk, or raw crackers with almond butter and honey, I was totally amazed to see him today, literally scoff down 4 serves of the vegie rawfry! He was the last to leave the table, scraping out the last remnants of the dish. Its incredible how much kids attitudes can change over food - from one day spitting food in their hand declaring it to be 'yuk' to literally overnight, scoffing down an entire bowl full of the same thing...! 

  

More please!

4th serve!

2 comments:

  1. love it! I find the same thing with Haden, I just try not to make a big deal out of it. I love the additions to your blog. I can now follow the moon phases :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know..they do keep us guessing - Starzi is much better now though and will try and eat most things. She is more at that stage that can understand eating raw almond butter and honey all day will not keep her healthy, but Rhody is still driven by familiar taste, creating eating habits. I was so happy that he has added some greens today!
    And yes, glad you like the moon cycle addition!

    ReplyDelete