Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Saturday 16 July 2011

Starzi's special raw biscuits

Starzi was searching through one of my raw food books from my ever increasing collection and came across these simple raw biscuits. She was extremely keen to make them, this instant, so we did.

I love when my kids get involved in food preparations and show initiative, especially when it involves raw and wholesome food. The usual mess that accompanies kids when helping out, is only a small inconvenience when I know they are gaining early experience, knowledge and an interest towards a lifetime of optimum health for their future. Lessons in the kitchen not only provide an early foundation for better health choices for themselves later in life, but gives them a sense of worthiness and a final result of achievement of their end product.  

Starzi proudly displaying her raw creations
Raw almond and pecan pear biscuits
Recipe:
In a food processor, blend 1 cup each of pecans and almonds with 3 peeled pears until smooth and doughy. 
Scrape dough into a bowl and add a handful or so of lucuma and mesquite to resemble a cookie dough. 
Roll into balls and press onto teflex trays to make shapes.
Decorate with goji berries and sultanas.

Starzi adding the decorations to her
Raw almond and pecan pear biscuits


Dehydrate overnight until desired texture achieved.
Starzi liked hers still a little soft, similar to a moist biscuit texture.
Simple and tasty, but best of all, Starzi was so proud of her creation and couldn't wait to offer some to Dad when he got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment