Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Saturday 2 July 2011

Raw Pizza

I use a lot of almond milk in our house, so I have a lot of almond meal to use. I often just make plain almond crackers with the meal and sometimes I make pizza bases.

In a large bowl I place the almond meal left over from 3 cups of whole almonds. with about 1.5 times that amount of water. I then add about 1/2 cup of olive oil, some salt and about 2 cups of flax meal. Exact measurements are not important as I never measure my ingredients. I just aim for a final consistency of wet dough. Whisk until all ingredients are blended. I then spread this dough onto teflex trays in large pizza shapes for family size, or small ones from individual pizzas. I leave them about 1 cm thick. I then like to top my bases with s sprinkle of granulated garlic, thin slices of sundried tomatoes, slices of olives and a selection of herbs from the garden.



This base is then dehydrated overnight, flipping once to dry both sides. Eaten at this stage makes for a yummy dried pizza crackers. 

To make my raw pizza, I made up a batch of raw pizza sauce by blending in my high speed blender, equal parts sundried tomato and dates, a dash of apple cider vinegar, cumin, paprika, garlic cloves, 1 fresh tomato and a handful of sprigs of parsley from the garden. I spread a layer of this yummy sauce on the base and kept the remainder in the fridge for other meals.
I then just chopped and added to the top what ever I had. Mushrooms, baby spinach leaves, olives, fresh tomatoes, left over raw carrot and walnut patties, raw cashew and macadamia cheese, avocado...I would have like to add red onion and pineapple and capsicums but didn't have any on hand.  






This can be a quick raw meal if a few bases are made at once which can be stored in a sealed container for a week or longer, along with a large batch of tomato paste. I have a few more small pizza bases and sauce pre-prepared and ready for an 'fast' meal later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment