Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Wednesday 27 July 2011

Starzi's Raw birthday cake (back in March)

Even though it was Starzi's Birthday a few months ago, (march actually) I thought I would still share photos of her fabulous birthday cake and treat stand. I wanted to keep the party all raw and simple and this was the results which were quite impressive and loved by all the kids!

A raw watermelon birthday cake and stunning raw table centrepiece

The cake was simply made by slicing the ends off a large watermelon and trimming the skin to reveal a solid round slab of watermelon.  (Thanks Michael for his precision cutting skills) The walls and top were scooped out by a melon baller to leave little holes which were filled with red and white grapes, and fresh blueberries. The top decorations were made by slicing star fruit and sticking them onto toothpicks.
I surrounded the cake in melon balls and left over fruit.
The final result was a really fun kids birthday novelty cake that could be sliced as 'normal' and shared with everyone.

Cutting the cake

 I also made another fun fruit addition - fruit kebabs made by balling a combination of melons and threading on a kebab stick. They were then all displayed by spiking each stick into the skin of an upturned empty melon and topped with a star fruit slice.
This would also make a great centrepiece for any summer party. Ideas I will be using again. Any melons can be used for either item.



I am starting to really miss my summer fruits and these lovely warm winter days are reminding me so much of them.......

1 comment:

  1. Woah! That is such a healthy cake. I think I should get this one for my husband on his birthday. I am still looking for a good event venue Atlanta for his birthday celebration but I have surely decided the cake. Thanks a lot for sharing this delicious cake idea.

    ReplyDelete