Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Saturday 2 July 2011

New moon Fast

Yesterday was the day of the new moon. This is the day of the month that the body is naturally at its highest capacity to detoxify. That is why I choose to regularly fast on and around the new moon. Last month I undertook a five day detox, ending on the new moon, while this month, I only fasted on the day of the new moon. If you decide to at least, make the new moon a 'fastday' every month, then you are doing a lot to prevent your body of major illnesses.  On this day of fasting, I drink only water for the entire day. Because I do this regularly, it has become easier. I now don't suffer any major feelings of hunger over the course of the day, as I have allowed my body to become more intune with the flow of the moon cycles.

The new moon is also the best day to start afresh as it is a day to let go of bad habits, negative thoughts and emotions and begin a new cycle of new goals and positive ideas. It is also a day to relax and do nothing or as little as possible as energy is at its lowest. Put this day aside each month to give yourselves permission to just slow down and take a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment