Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Saturday 16 July 2011

Raw cheesecake for Billie

I have been fortunate to have made friends with a lovely elderly lady who has recently become my knitting mentor. I love to make things, from their basic form, and knitting is one of those things.
Before being introduced to Billie, I was a very basic knitter who could tap two needles together and plain knit a straight line forming a scarf. That was the extent of it. I have always been intrigued with the complexity of hand knitted and crocheted masterpieces and wished I had the skill to be able to create something of my own. I love wool and its diversity so when I met Billie and found out she had been knitting for 70 years, I was keen to learn what I could from her. She has been kind enough to give me a few knitting lessons which has enabled me to successfully complete a hooded jumper from a pattern and self design 2 vests which I am quite impressed with.

I want to start a new project for the hubby - a basic beanie and so I needed a little extra expertise, and needed Billie for some guidance.

I wanted to take her something special to eat for our meeting, considering she has come from a long lifetime of eating good old fashioned baked treats, I thought I may have a some impressing to do, so decided to make a raw cheesecake. 

Raw raspberry cheesecake inspired by my
raw foodie friend Tash (thanks for the recipe)
Well Billie was impressed..she even asked if I could leave 2 slices behind to share with her scrabble friend, so the raw cheesecake was a winner. I also got the much needed advise to make a start on Michael's beanie which he will be pleased to hear considering he has been waiting a couple of months for it.

Recipe:

Base:
1 cup each of macadamias and almonds, blended, with a handful of dates and vanilla powder until texture is crumbly and will hold its shape.
Press down into a spring sided cake tin

Raw cheesecake:
3 cups of soaked cashews blended with
3/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup raw honey
3/4 cup coconut oil
dash of vanilla powder.
Blend until creamy and pour over base into cake tin.

Topping:
2 cups of defrosted raspberries with a little water blended to form a smooth liquid. Pour over cheesecake layer and set in the freezer. 

Top with whole raspberries.

I had enough leftovers to make a mini cheesecake for Michael's lunch. 

  

2 comments:

  1. Ohh thats nice you used my cheesecake recipe, it is very tasty isn't it.. I will make it again sometime but change the topping to a different fruit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is a nice one - It only lasted a day around here. Mmm, yes, blueberries would look lovely next time..

    ReplyDelete