Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Tuesday 19 July 2011

My favourite raw Kale Salad

I like to ensure my family get a good helping of green leafy vegetables each day as I know how vital they are to overall well being.
This simple Raw Kale Salad is one of the best ways to ensure that and is a welcomed regular on our meal table.
The magic that I love about this Raw Kale Salad is that the kale can be easily transformed from a bulk amount into minimal within minutes, enabling a good portion of daily greens to be consumed in one serve.

My Favourite Raw kale Salad

Recipe:
In a bowl add a large amount of washed and shredded kale. 

Fresh Kale for a raw Salad base
  
Next sprinkle a small pinch of salt over the fresh kale and massage between your hands to begin the process of breaking down the hard fibres.

After the fresh kale has been massaged in a pinch of salt

Next add the juice of half a lime and massage again

The shrinking kale after a salt and lemon massage
Then add a drizzle of olive oil and massage the kale once more.

The large bowl of fresh kale has now shrunk to only
a small portion of its original size

The kale now has shrunk to less than half its original size. Not only has it reduced, but the original coarse texture and hard fibres have broken down making the once hard to eat kale very tasty.

Finally add an array of additions to make your favourite raw Kale Salad!
I like to add a few of my home preserved olives
1 chopped avocado
a handful of semi dehydrated tomatoes
another handful of activated Pepita's
and couple of cloves of crushed garlic

Delicious raw kale salad - My favourite





















This salad makes a great meal on its own and has been a popular family addition as everyone loves it.


No comments:

Post a Comment