Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Tuesday 31 May 2011

Day 2 of detox....

Well its the end of the second day of my detox and I enjoyed a day of drinking a mixed concoction of freshly squeezed juice. I must admit I didnt bounce out of bed after spending the day on water alone yesterday. I even felt a little nauseas mid morning, but by midday, I started to feel really good. I had enough energy to clean the house and take the kids to the park, with my thermos of fresh juice under one arm.
While I am fortunate enough to take on the detox at home, with the oportunity to 'do nothing much', poor Michael has to keep on working during his detox. He has had a day of solely drinking his packed juices at work while performing a 12 hour shift on site, and his only comment this evening was that he felt good, other than a little hunger for something like a fresh kale salad. I have once again pre-made a couple of large bottles of juice for him to take to work tommorrow. I am thankful that Michael not only supports me in most of my endevours, but is usually happy to join me as well. Detoxing on a juice fast is made so much easier when both partners are doing it together.
This was what was on the dinner table tonight
Carrot and apple, wheat grass and apple, celery and apple


The kids also enjoying a freshly squeezed carrot and celery juice with celery stirrers..



In my experience, its on day three that you start to really feel the benefits as energies rise, the hunger fades and the body kicks into 'housekeeping' mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment