Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Wednesday 1 June 2011

Day 3 of Detox.....

Yes, it is day three when you really come alive and know why you decided to take on the fast.
I woke this morning feeling very refreshed even though I didn't sleep very well. Other than staying up until after midnight doing the usual things, I found myself at 1am in the morning, balancing on a tower of chairs and stools, outside with a headlamp on, clearing the mandarins off the neighbours tree that overhangs into our yard. And when I did finally convince myself I should be sleeping, found it hard anyway with the kids all over the bed, sleeping sideways and upside down, feet in the back, snoring in the ear... Anyway, I woke to a beautiful fresh glass of mandarin juice. I felt very energetic, so I enticed the kids for a long bike ride down town and then to the park for a play.
It was today I got to experience that incredible feeling you get while fasting, to have an empty stomach, yet not feel hungry. I feel clear inside, energetic and contented.
Michael arrived home from another 14 hour day at work, drinking juice alone. He said he would continue the juice fasting for longer, and then I caught him searching the fridge and pantry. He finally succumb to a fat bowl of kale and avocado salad with pepitas and lemon juice dressing. Its not often a hard working grown man will come home from a full day of work requesting just a bowl of salad. I think it is one of the wonderful benefits of fasting. Its great to just take the focus for a day or even more off food and give your body a rest and to gain new appreciation for food. We take food for granted, its in our lives everyday, we are surrounded by it and we can access it any time of any day. we loose respect for it, even if it is healthy food or purely raw food. We start to look past the simple foods and look for more gourmet meals. I started to feel like that previous to my fast this week. I had indulged my self so much in food over the past 2 weeks, because I held two raw food workshops at home in a space of one week that I was either eating it or thinking about it. I basically had lost my appetite - which is healthy and happens to align with the moon cycles as we wind down to the new moon this week. I now have detoxed my body and my mind of food for three days and I see myself looking at a simple piece of fruit differently. Not just looking at an avocado and thinking what I could turn it into with some spices and a blender, but looking at the avocado for what it is and respecting it in its whole form as a food. Fasting to me is like resetting the mind, bringing it back to the basics and respecting the simple things for what they are. It also reconnects me with my stomach and tunes me into being contented. When we eat constantly through out the day, everyday, that feeling is rarely achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment