Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Friday 10 June 2011

A week in review...

Even though, I have been absent from a computer for the last week, I still managed to take some photos of a few of my creations and their process, so I will do less words and more photos to bring you up to date for the week.

First picture is of my first meal after the 5 day juice detox. I spent the morning nibbling on half a pear and an apple before sitting down to this fresh and delighful salad. I must poudly point out the fact that most of the ingredients are home grown and made. The sprouts, cherry tomatoes and olives are home grown and made, while the dressing is made of home grown limes and home pressed olive oil. The only purchased ingredient was the avocado.    

Speaking of limes, here is a picture of my wonderful young tahitian lime tree bearing lots of fruit. As you can see, they do not look similar to those green limes of the same name sold in the supermarkets.
I have come to the understanding that the limes sold in the supermarkets are actually the immature fruit and have not yet reached their full ripeness. As you can see my limes are ripe and I harvest them from the ground when they fall from the tree, as they are doing right now.
Surprisingly, limes are ripe when yellow. 


And here is a picture of an Asian inspired three course dinner I served up to my wonderful husband which got the thumbs up. Miso soup, cauliflower 'fried' rice and nori rolls with dipping sauce.

As for the raw porridge attempt - it has become a huge success. The process involves soaking the raw rolled oats in a little filtered water, just enough to cover, for 12 and upto 24 hours. Just before going to bed in the evening, I will prepare the raw poridge by gently blending on the low setting the soaked rolled oats and water with a banana, some honey, cinnamon and vanilla. This becomes a consistancy similar to cooked poridge. I then add a handful of sultanas and some diced apple pieces, shredded coconut and chopped almonds. I will leave this in the dehydrator for the night to warm and to greet Michael at 4.30am as a warm hearty raw breakfast in the morning before he sets out to complete his 14 hour day at work. The kids will devour this raw poridge also, just minus the 'chunky bits.'


This week we also celebrated Micks Birthday and our 11th Wedding Aniversary, so I made a special attempt to make a beautiful raw cake.

 The result was fabulous. Layers of chocolate fudge and sweet shredded coconut topped with a smooth layer of chocolate icing and berries. This was a winner with everyone. Not too heavy, nor sweetly sick because of the addition of light fluffy coconut centre layers. I prefered to enjoy my slice of cake after a few minutes in the dehydrator to melt the icing and warm the berries. Yum!




Happy Birthday!


Here are some more pictures of another one of our families simple dinners.
Raw pizza with 'the lot' topping and a side salad of fresh sprouts

 .

 Mouths full of fresh living greens is a site I love to see at our dinner table!

Well that is a brief overview of the week that has been and a glimpse of a few of our meals that I hope will entice your appetite on the raw side. I have a progressive blog to post on my home sprouts which I just cant get enough of and my experience with essene bread.....
I am also looking forward to hosting a raw food picnic at home here tommorrow and will have some great photos on my mixed savoury pies that I will share and what ever else may find its way on the table tommorrow. Ooops, its almost 1am so I really need to venture off to bed.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment