Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Wednesday 22 June 2011

'Left over' Pancakes for dessert



My kids have a habit of eating a portion of a piece of fruit and leaving the rest to literally rot in the fruit bowl. At the end of a day, I will have accumulated a small array of half eaten fruit. With this in mind and the fact that bananas are quite expensive, I thought I would make a batch of raw 'mixed fruit' carob pancakes.
With a selection of half consumed apples, a few half peeled bananas and some pears that had a couple of bites taken out, I went about creating 'leftovers' pancakes.

Recipe:
Pancakes
Peel and core a selection of 'pulpy' fruit. I have only used fruit that have a smooth, pulpy texture such as bananas, pears, mango, apple etc to make my pancakes, but may experiment with more watery fruits to test the outcome.
Blend these fruits with some Lucuma and Mesquite powders if you have them on hand. I added a couple of tablespoons of carob powder and some vanilla powder. You could also add some dates if you request a sweeter pancake. I would also assume, but havent tried, adding soaked buckwheat kernels to the mix to add bulk.
I then added about half a cup of chia seed to the pulp and let set. To make a smooth pancake texture, I blended the mixture in the vitamix to create a smooth thick cream. Finally a spread the pancake mix onto 2 teflex trays about 1cm thick and let dehydrate overnight.
While still warm and slightly soft, I served with raspberries , shaved coconut, crumbled activated almonds and a smooth cream made by blending equal portions of cashews and macadamias with a date, vanilla powder and a little water.
Starzi calls these pancakes her 'favourites' and was not at all deterred by the fact that they were filled with a mix of odd fruit rather than the usual 'banana only' mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment