Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Tuesday 14 June 2011

Starzi's Raw Salad

I am so pleased to share with you photos of a salad Starzi made entirely independently. She will often help out in the kitchen making meals under my guidance, but just after 2 days of helping me make our regular fresh sprout salad, Starzi made todays dish entirely on her own and wasnt she proud!

Starzi's Sprout Salad:

In a large bowl put in as many freshly cut home grown sprouts as possible - (sunflowers, buckwheat and snow peas sprouts)
next add 1 avocado diced, 1 cut tomato and about 10 home preserved green tables olives.
To make the dressing, squeeze into a bowl the juice of half a home grown lime, a dash of olive oil, 2 cloves of crushed garlic and a pinch of salt. Whisk the dressing until combined and gradually pour over sprouts. Toss, serve and enjoy.



As an accompliment to Starzi's wonderful salad, I made a tasty, simple dish for everyone to enjoy for lunch.

Raw Parsley Pesto Pasta:

Make noodles with 2 peeled parsnips using a spiraliser. Massage with a little olive oil and salt. Set aside.
Chop broccoli into bite size pieces and massage in a little olive oil and garlic granules, then dehydrate for an hour to soften.

Parsley Pesto:


I soaked a cup of pecans in filtered water for 2 hours to leach some of the bitternes before blending in my food processer with a good clump of fresh parsley from the garden, 2 garlic cloves and about 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast. I added this pesto to the parsnip noodles and broccoli pieces. I drizzled a little lime juice over the top and served. This was so tasty and very similar to my pre-raw days of wheat pasta and homemade peccorino cheese parsley pesto dish.


2 comments:

  1. Wow your amazing Starzi, I will have to make your salad! It looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are using your pesto pasta recipe as a guide for lunch :) yummo

    ReplyDelete