Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Wednesday 22 June 2011

Inspirations from The Dalai Lama

When our actions are of a compassionate nature and we make decisions based on a holistic and ethical attitude for the long term future then we will find inner peace as we live as one with the universe.
This was my interpretation of the message His Holiness the Dalai Lama had for his audience when I was fortunate enough to see him live in Perth over the weekend. His graceful presence and his important message of peace were truly inspirational and slightly humorous to the 14000 attendees. Just before his on stage speech, I had a very special privilege with his Holiness. Just as my friend and I were browsing the small array of stalls as we awaited the show to begin, shuffling through the crowds, we spied the Dalai Lama himself, sitting amongst the stalls. Building up the courage, my friend and I stood beside him and he graciously blessed our chosen items of jewelry, holding each item in his hands as he murmured his blessing. I had only the day before purchased a lovely pendant made from rainforest jasper, which I had blessed by the spiritual master himself. This lovely piece of stone now has greater meaning to me and I wear it with gratitude. 


My weekend to Perth also led me to another wonderful experience...The Raw Kitchen Cafe in Fremantle! The nachos were awesome, and truly are the 'best in town'! It was so nice to be able to 'eat out' and not feel like I had compromised on my eating habits. Actually, it was just so nice to eat a raw meal prepared by someone else. Our experience at the Raw Kitchen in Freo was amazing...the huge bowl of delicious side salad, the cheesecake, the minty choc drink, the mint chocolate slice....all of it was utterly delicious. I know where I will be hanging out when I'm next in town.      


No comments:

Post a Comment