Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Tuesday 20 December 2011

Delicious sprouted lentil summer salads

Today's 'invented' summer salads were so yummy, I thought they were worth sharing, so here they are:


Raw Mango and sprouted lentil salad In a bowl add:
2 sliced ripe mangoes
a handful of fresh shredded basil leaves
a handful of sprouted lentils (I used brown lentils)
a Tablespoon of black sesame seeds

toss through a drizzle of olive oil and the juice of half a lime.


Raw mango and sprouted lentil salad


Raw Sprouted Lentil salad with raw hommus dressing
In a bowl add:
1 Chopped cucumber
1 diced avocado
a handful of cherry tomatoes
a handful of sprouted lentils
a handful of fresh shredded parsley
a small amount of thinly sliced red onion
(Optional celery if available)

Top with raw Hommus:
Made by blending until smooth:
1/8 cup of sesame seeds
1/8 cup of hemp seeds
dash of olive oil
1 garlic clove
pinch of salt
juice of half a lime
(a little water to thin if needed)


Raw Sprouted lentil salad with raw Hommus dressing
 I have never really used raw lentils much, but was quite impressed with the results from today's efforts.

To sprout the lentils, I simply soaked a cup full of brown lentils in filtered water overnight. I then drained and rinsed them twice a day for about 2 days, leaving them to sit in a colander until sprouted. They will keep in the fridge for a few more days. They have given my salads an extra crunchy texture, a little more nutritional value and created an extra interest to the meal. Sprouted lentils will be something I will be using more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment