Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Wednesday 7 December 2011

My new favourite raw 'fresh and spicy thai' dressing sauce

I had one one of those great moments in the kitchen yesterday when I was making up a simple raw meal last minute, and decided to just invent a salad dressing to compliment the sprouts on the spot.....and it worked! I loved it so much I was licking out the bowl. So here it is: 

In a blender (I used my little personal blender) process the following: (measurements are estimates only)

1/4 cup of sesame oil
1 teaspoon of raw honey
1 garlic clove
1 dried chili
juice of half a lime
and a fresh kefir lime leaf.
(Optional to add a couple of fresh basil leaves, or just add a handful to your salad) I love the taste of fresh basil leaves in a salad or 'raw fry'

I was delighted with this simple dressing and found it complemented my fresh sprout and avocado salad, as well as my kelp noodle raw fry.



kelp noodles, broccoli and basil 'raw fry' with my new 'fresh and spicy thai' dressing.
I served this with a sprinkle of crushed almonds.


My fresh and spicy thai dressing also goes well over a bowl of
fresh sprouts, basil leaves and avocado cubes.




Served with marinated mushrooms
(simply mushrooms soaked in olive oil, nama shoyu and apple cider vinegar..
about a tablespoon of each)



Homemade sauerkraut (fermented cabbage and beetroot version)


Raw tabbouleh (chopped parsley, chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion
tossed in olive oil and lemon juice and a handful of hemp seeds)


And of course my beautiful home cured olives





I believe the best meals are always the simplest and serving up a smorgasbord of super simple dishes such as these is sometimes better than a single complicated dish.   

No comments:

Post a Comment