Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Monday 3 October 2011

Easy raw chocolate fudge cake and raw pesto 'toss up'

My most favourite liquid to drink is that of the pure sweet water of a young coconut. The kids will fight me for a sip once I crack open the shell of one and pour out this glorious nectar. We will indulge in this beneficial drink regularly so I will often have a surplus of young coconut flesh stored. Today I noticed the supply was getting quite high so decided to make a delicious dessert for the family. 

I have made many variations of this cake, but as always, each time I do, the results are usually different

Easy Raw Chocolate fudge cake
Recipe: 
Make a base using about a 1 cup of a combination of nuts (I like to use almonds and macadamias) blend with a couple of dates, dash of coconut oil and cacao powder.
Press into the base of a spring sided cake tin. 
Filling:
Blend until creamy the flesh of as many young coconuts as you have on hand,
with about 1/4 cup of cacao powder
and 1/4 cup of honey
Adjust quantites until desired sweetness is obtained
Spread over base
Top layer:
whisk until combined equal parts melted coconut oil, honey and cacao powder and pour over top of cake.
Let cake cool in freezer until top layer has hardened.

Easy Raw Chocolate fudge cake



And as for tonight's quick meal,
Raw Pesto 'Toss up'
Recipe:
I started by cutting up a mixture of veggies into thin strips and making veggie spirals and added them to a bowl. I used carrot spirals, strips of silverbeet, asparagus, mushroom, sundried tomato and olives.
To this I added kelp noodles.
I then tossed through some left over raw pesto I had made for a previous meal and topped with raw cream cheese from yesterdays celery sticks.
It was made in minutes and tasted fabulous.


Raw pesto 'toss up'
 I made my raw pesto simply by blending a combination of:
1 cup of Activated Pepitas - (I have also used activated almonds or soaked walnuts)
with a big bunch or more of fresh parsley from the garden (basil can also be used)
a good pour of olive oil
1 or more garlic cloves
juice of a lemon
pinch of salt
Nutritional yeast can also be included for a cheesy flavour

This raw pesto will stay fresh in my fridge for a week or more. My kids will eat it by the spoonful making it a fabulous way to get them to enjoy a good dose of green herbs and get a substantial intake of zinc and magnesium if using pepitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment