Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Sunday 2 October 2011

Raw pilaf and raw vegie stir 'unfry' on todays menu

I had a bowl of wheat grains that had been soaking for a day in preparation for planting in wheat grass trays, but as I looked at the swollen soft berries and tasted one, I thought I would sprout them longer and attempt to eat them instead, so here is my impromptu raw sprouted wheat and mushroom dish that turned out quite tasty.

Raw sprouted Wheat and mushroom pilaf
Recipe:
Start by soaking a preferred grain (I used wheat berries, but any grain should work) for 24 hours and then rinse and sprout for another 2 days until the first sight of sprouts emerge by keeping moist and rinsing twice a day. I kept mine in a colander by the sink.  
Once the grain is soft, plump and nice enough to eat, place in a bowl with sliced mushrooms. Make up the sauce.
Sauce:  
1 teaspoon of Miso or 1/8 cup of Namo shoyu
3 pieces of sundried tomato
garlic clove
pinch of salt
dash of cumin
sprinkle of cracked pepper
fresh oregano
pinch of chili powder
and enough olive oil / water to make a sauce consistency
Blend until smooth and pour through mushroom and sprouted grain.
Garnish with fresh herbs. Let sit for half an hour to allow ingredients to soak in the sauce.

Raw sprouted wheat and mushroom pilaf
I served the pilaf with:

Raw vegetable curry stir 'unfry'
Recipe:
In a bowl add a mixture of chopped vegetables (I used carrot, asparagus, peas, sliced bok choy, broccoli and cauliflower )
Toss through a good splash of olive oil and salt.
Add a sprinkle of curry powder,
juice of half a lemon
crushed garlic clove
crushed ginger
1 Tablespoon of tamarind pulp
(Optional tablespoon of nama shoyu or miso)
and massage through.
Let sit in a warm place, preferably in the sun under a glass lid for half an hour to soften and warm.
Garnish with coriander.

Raw vegetable curry stir 'unfry'

Enjoyed by all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment