Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Monday 22 August 2011

Another day of deliciously raw

Breakfast: Banana and Brazil nut pancakes
I will share the recipe for these scrumptious raw treats at my next workshop - I love researching new recipes for my workshops!

Raw pancakes - Banana and Brazil nut

Lunch: coconut wrappers with mushroom and cabbage in a hoisin sauce (inspired by Ani Phyo)

Raw coconut wrappers with cabbage and mushrooms in a hoisin sauce
Recipe:
Coconut wrappers:
Blend till smooth the flesh of as many young green coconuts as you have - I used about 5 to make 16 wrappers. Spread onto teflex sheets and dehydrate over night.
Cabbage and mushroom in hoisin sauce:
Shred 1/4 of one cabbage, a small bunch of chopped spring onions and a cup of mushrooms thinly sliced. Place in a bowl. Add 3 crushed garlic and a Tbls of crushed ginger with a dash of sesame oil. Toss.
Make up a hoisin sauce by blending till smooth: 2 Tbls of raw almond butter, 2 Tbls of sesame oil, 1 Tbls agave, 4 Tbls nama shoyu, garlic clove, dash of chili, cracked pepper to taste.  
Add this sauce to the cabbage and mushrooms and let sit for about 1/2 an hour until cabbage has softened.
Garnish with fresh coriander.
Assemble:
Scoop cabbage mixture into the centre of a coconut wrapper, roll and eat.

Dinner: Super food fruit salad

Raw super food fruit salad

This was a very simple, yet satisfying dish that I made up as I created.

Recipe:
Super food Fruit Salad: Chop and add to a bowl a mix of what ever fruits you have in season on hand. I used banana, pears, apples, oranges and a few strawberries. To this I just started adding everything: a sprinkle of chia seeds, some activated and dehydrated buckwheaties, shredded coconut, activated and dehydrated almonds, goji berries, currants.... and then finally added the juice of 1 orange. A super charged fruit salad!

Dessert: Chocolate on chocolate slice



Recipe: Chocolate on Chocolate slice
This was another creation that just formed. It went something like this:
Base: A mix of activated almonds, macadamias, cacao powder and a couple of dates blended until mixture holds form. Press into a spring sided cake tin.
Topping: Process until smooth a mix of cacao powder, honey, coconut oil and the pulp of a young coconut. Pour over base and set in fridge for an hour.

I topped ours with blueberries and served with slices of banana - yummy!



1 comment: