Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Thursday 25 August 2011

Raw green coconut curry soup

I love curries and anything Indian so I am often trying to recreate those delicious coconut curries in a raw version. Here was tonight's attempt which was enjoyed by everyone...all bowls were scooped clean!

I started by making fresh coconut milk by scraping out the flesh of 2 brown coconuts and blending with the coconut milk. I then squeezed this white juicy pulp through a nut bag and was left with a bowl of creamy fresh aromatic coconut milk and a bag full of fresh shredded coconut pulp to be used for future raw creations.

I placed the fresh coconut milk in a saucepan and added to it a selection of small diced raw vegetables such as zucchini, carrots, snow peas and fresh peas. I put this aside while I made the raw curry paste.

Raw curry Paste:
In a blender process until smooth:
2 Tblsp of cumin powder
2 Tblsp of coriander seeds
2 small spring onions
pinch of nutmeg powder
1 small cube of fresh turmeric
1 inch piece of fresh ginger
1/2 cup of fresh coriander
1 stalk of lemon grass
2 kefir lime leaves
2 bulbs of fresh garlic
1 Tblsp agave
fresh chili (as many as you like)

I added a 1/4 cup of the fresh coconut milk to the above ingredients to allow for easier blending. Add this paste to the coconut milk and vegetables and warm gently over the stove until slightly warmed - keeping the temperature below 40degrees. serve

Raw coconut curry soup - so delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm looks great Peta - we love looking at your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tash - I love sharing with enthusuastic raw foodies like you!

    ReplyDelete