Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Wednesday 24 August 2011

Quick raw salad selection

Nothing is more simple, satisfying and delicious on a warm day then a wonderful selection of fresh, organic and raw salads. This is what Starzi and I tossed together in minutes for tonight's meal.

An array of super simple and fast raw salads

Starzi's simple salad:



This salad is our most regular salad that will find its way to almost every meal. It is super simple that my 5 year old can make it and love it. We use what ever greens we have available as the main ingredient. Usually I send the kids into the garden with a pair of scissors and a bowl and allow them to select fresh greens from our garden. Simple toss through what ever else you wish - we usually add some home grown cherry tomatoes, avocado and some home preserved green olives. Dressing is a simple mixture of fresh crushed garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.

Carrot and Beetroot spiral salad:

  
Here is a salad I just invented tonight. I simply spiraled a carrot and a beetroot and tossed in a mixture of orange juice and a dash of apple cider vinegar, topped with a sprinkle of activated walnuts.

Sauerkraut:


I always have a good supply of homemade sauerkraut on hand and include it often to our meal tables. Starzi loves sauerkraut and will eat a bowl full at anytime of the day.

Marinated mushrooms:



The nicest way I like to eat raw mushrooms is in a mix of sesame oil and nama shoyu. If they are left to marinate for about half an hour, the mushrooms will soften and have a more 'cooked' texture.

Raw Sweet Corn and celery


And finally, raw fresh corn, simply tossed in a sprinkle of seasoned herb salt and a dash of olive oil. Sweet, juicy and crunchy.

I also added a serve of sliced celery and some left over raw 'bean free' hommus from another meal.


I love to serve a selection of small simple meals for the family. This allows for freedom of choice in serving size and selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment