Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Tuesday 2 August 2011

Delicious Raw Minestrone soup

Minestrone soup is a great winter essential and can be enjoyed raw! I made this soup up today and loved it. I made a 'compromised' version for the kids by lightly steaming the vegetables before adding the raw soup base, so they could enjoy it immediately, which they loved. Starzi even commented that this version was the best she had ever tasted...and it was so easy! I made Michael's and my soups using raw vegetables and left to soften in the dehydrator for an hour ready to serve as soon as he arrived home from work. It still works fine without dehydrating, just be prepared to eat your vegetables with a bit of crunch which I really love anyway.  

Raw Minestrone Soup

Raw Minestrone Soup Recipe:
Chop up a selection of bite size pieces of vegetables - I used zucchini, carrot and broccoli.

Raw Soup base:
In a blender add 1 cup of sundried tomatoes with 1 cup of water and 2 cloves of garlic. Blend until a smooth paste.

Pour this into the food processor and add 3 diced fresh tomatoes and 1 cup of warm water and process until blended by still very chunky. Pour over diced vegetables and then get creative with your herbs.

I added a bunch of chopped fresh oregano, parsley and chives from the garden, some seasoned salt, chili powder. I would have loved to add Basil if I had some growing...

Garnish with oil and cracked pepper. I also sprinkled some 'rawmesson cheese' on top. Totally delicious and super simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment