Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Saturday 20 August 2011

Colonic

If you have been missing my regular posts, we have been on holidays, indulging in a glorious week away in Fremantle just south of Perth. We returned yesterday from a week of bliss, and now are slowly settling back into the regular rhythms of daily life, particularly washing once all the suitcases are unpacked.

The lead up week to our departure was filled with preparations in raw food snacks and fasting prior to our first colonic. The prepacked raw snacks were a great success for the long journey to Perth and as handy snack packs and quick lunches for the days entertaining ourselves in and around Perth. The colonic on the other hand was less of a success. 
The procedure was something that I had constantly read about in many raw food books and websites. so I was keen to give it a go, but when it came to doing the actual task, I was a lot less excited. Poor Michael went in the room first and done the 'deed'. He exited the room after almost an hour with not much to say. I then prepared myself and took to the table and was 'connected up' which was rather uncomfortable. To keep the details to a minimum, the entire process I felt was quite 'yukky' as the constant filling and releasing of the bowels felt very much like a bad case of diarrhea. This was endured for almost an hour. Thankfully, my overall results were excellent as the final 2 rinses flushed crystal clear without a trace of 'sludge' to locate. The lady who conducted the procedure told me during, of common stories about many people returning daily for a week and still managed to remove 'black' liquids and solids from their insides. The worst the water ever appeared during my colonic was a pale discoloured, transparent yellow which was minimal. Though this procedure was really uncomfortable to say the least, I did experience some positives.
Firstly, the results that I achieved was a huge reassurance and confidence boost as it was a direct result to my extremely healthy lifestyle. The other positive was the sensation of lightness and extreme energy I felt afterwards. I literally danced down the street and felt like I could run around the block several times with great speed - though I didn't and managed to contain my energy in public.
I had been juice fasting for 6 days in preparation for the colonic and once it was completed, we found ourselves afterwards within the walls of the fresh food market of Fremantle surrounded in produce. I reached out and grabbed 2 cobs of raw corn and ate it from the cob. I continued my pursuit of raw food and indulged in a wheat grass smoothie and a raw pizza slice from the 'Raw kitchen'.

To have fully enjoyed the extent of my energised body from the colonic, I should have held back on eating so much so quickly, but it was my first day of holidays and I was surrounded in great food, so found it difficult to contain myself.

As for Michael and his reaction to the colonic, well, all he said was 'the things I do for you' and shook his head. He didn't like it at all and assured me that he wouldn't be attempting anything similar in the future. His results too, were very good, with little built up residue. Due to our fantastic joint results, I assured him that we shouldn't have to do it again, which suited me too. 

           

1 comment:

  1. Haha , what a funny story.. I was wondering how it went and thought if it went well id get one in Perth.. ummm I dont think I need to now! haha

    ReplyDelete