Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Wednesday 31 August 2011

Its easy eating green!

The last few days we have been low on fresh food and have been hanging out for the weekly organic order to arrive..and Yay..today is organic vegie pickup day so we are once again stocked up on a fresh supply of organic produce. During the days we were low on produce, I have been serving up a few variations of chia seed puddings, which the kids and I both love, but I have been craving some greens, so tonight we got our delicious dose full!

3x greenie green salads



Green salad 1: Silverbeet with spicy tomato dressing:


Slice thinly silverbeet and add to a bowl.
Make up dressing by blending until smooth:
- 1 fresh tomato and 3 sundried tomato pieces
- 1/4 olive oil and a dash of water
- 1 thin slice of fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- pinch of salt
- cracked pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- sprig of fresh oregano

Toss through silverbeet and enjoy!


Green salad 2 - Sprouts with sunflower seeds


Place in a bowl a couple of handfuls of sprouts - I used alfalfa and fenugreek.
Drizzle a dash of olive oil, juice of lemon and top with activated sunflower seeds. That simple!

Green salad 3 - our favourite salad (which always makes an appearance on our table regularly) 



Add to a bowl a selection of greens from the garden - we used kale, cos and spinach.
Toss through some sliced tomato and olives. (and avocado if I had some ripe)
Dress with olive oil, crushed garlic, pinch of salt and juice of a lemon.
Toss

A living plate of 'green freshness' - Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment