Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Sunday 4 September 2011

Happy Fathers Day!



















Happy Fathers Day!


Today we celebrated how wonderful and special Dads are - and the best way to a mans heart is through his stomach, so that's what I did!

Today's Raw Fathers Day cake was super simple and was literally whipped up in less than 10 minutes. Now you cant even cook a packet cake quicker than that!

Recipe:
I made the base as per usual with a blend of nuts and dates. I used about 1.5 cups of mixed activated almonds and macadamias with about 5 dates and blended until mixture sticks enough to be moulded. I pressed this into a spring sided cake tin. 

The first layer was made by blending in the same container as I made the base, (I didn't clean the magimix between layers) a mix of about 1 cup of desiccated coconut with a 1/4 cup of honey and a heaped tablespoon of coconut oil. This was blended until smooth and pressed onto base.

Next layer was made from blending in the high speed blender (but you could still use the processor but I wanted an extra creamy consistency) the pulp of a young coconut, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 2 dates, dash of vanilla, 1/2 cup of cacao powder and 1/4 cup of honey or agave. This was blended to make a smooth chocolate mouse and then poured over the coconut layer.

Lastly I pressed into the mousse handfuls of frozen raspberries and a sprinkle of coconut shreds. I left the final products to set in the freezer for 20 minutes before we all cut ourselves a big fat slice!

A raw choc, coconut and raspberry delight!





It wasn't all cakes today..we did enjoy a yummy raw lunch before indulging in our special Fathers Day cake.


Broccoli and peas with spicy tamarind sauce with a side serve of turnip couscous

Recipe: Broccoli and peas with spicy tamarind sauce
Chop broccoli into bite size pieces and place in a casserole dish. Add some fresh peas or frozen peas that have been defrosted in some warm water. Add a handful of young spinach leaves and some optional mushroom.
Make up spicy marinade by blending 1/4 cup of sesame oil, 1 clove of garlic, 2 tablespoons of tamarind paste, juice of half a lemon, pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon of cumin and coriander, 2 Tablespoons of nama shoyu, dash of agave and 1 chili.
Pour over vegetables, add a bunch of chopped fresh coriander and place casserole dish in the sun to warm and soften while preparing the side serve of 'couscous'

Turnip 'couscous'
In the processor, blend 1 cup of cashews until crumbled. Add 1 large turnip and blend until crumbled also. I then added a Tablespoon of miso and mixed through with a pinch of seasoned salt. I added some chopped mushroom, fresh coriander, chives and parsley before serving.

Left over couscous was used to make these simple raw nori rolls.  I used a layer of raw 'couscous', avocado and fresh snowpea sprouts.






No comments:

Post a Comment