Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Thursday 15 September 2011

Tonights simply raw meal

Tonight we enjoyed a raw version of fettuccine with pesto. I love pesto and I make the best raw version without the cheese!


Raw fettuccine with pesto

Recipe: Raw fettuccine with Pesto
To make the fettuccine, use a vegetable peeler on a selection of vegetables to make thin strips and place in a bowl. I used carrots and sweet potato. Zucchini, butternut pumpkin and parsnips can be used also. Massage in a little salt and oil and let sit to release any moisture and soften.

Pesto:
Gather from the garden a large handful of fresh parsley or any green herb (basil is great too) Place in a blender and add a garlic clove, juice of half a lemon, half a cup of olive oil and a handful of pepitas. You can add a pinch of salt if desired. Blend until combined. 

Assemble:
Drain any released moisture from the fettuccine and add a dollop of fresh pesto. Toss. Add extras such as olives, sundried tomatoes, marinated mushrooms, baby spinach leaves, activated pepitas, avocado cubes, asparagus strips, broccolini pieces...what ever you desire.
Enjoy.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment