Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Tuesday 27 September 2011

Spring New moon challenge

Tonight marked a very special time in the moon cycle. The rising of the first spring new moon and the rising of a new beginning.

Also tonight, I finalise my 4th day of liquid fasting as we see in this new moon and look forward to achieving new forthcoming goals and of course, sinking my teeth into a crisp fresh apple in the morning.
Taking this time to disconnect from the constant burdens of everyday food has wonderful benefits for overall health and mind. My life can be so revolved around food, everyday I am consumed by thoughts of what are we going to eat?.....just allowing myself permission to take time away from the constant repetition of preparing food and eating food, opens to a world of greater things.

My yoga session tonight at the YMCA was enhanced due to my complete emptiness and stillness and I was able to go deeper in my relaxation and meditation session.
I think fasting can be considered like a holiday for the mind and body, but just as much as it is great to be on holidays, its always nice to return back home, and tomorrow I am looking forward to returning 'home' to eating some fresh organic fruit. My appreciation for simple food has been reignited and I am ready to savour the pleasure of a simple bite of an apple.

To co inside with the arrival of the new moon, I spent a moment today setting goals in place to achieve during this next moon cycle. I have a few personal little projects I want to complete and have set the intention to complete them, we also decided on what last jobs need finalising around the house that need to be seen to, but as a major goal this coming moon phase, I have put in place a one month new moon challenge. I find that making a decision to do something for the rest of your life can be rather unreasonable and too overwhelming, so instead I like to set little challenges for the short term to see if this new change will fit in with my life and then decide after that, whether to continue in that direction. 

Before becoming a raw vegan, I took the 30 day challenge to eat only raw for that time and have since continued to eat raw. That was 10 months ago! The current challenge I have set for myself includes greater health and dietary guidelines that work towards a simplified eating options which I hope will help build an easier transition as we work towards a self sufficient lifestyle back east.  I am also challenging myself to increase my spirituality through meditation.

Here is my personal 1 month challenge I set forth to myself to accomplish on a daily level for the entire period of this new moon cycle: 

Drink 2 litres of pure liquid daily.
I chose to say liquid rather than water because I consider the liquid from young coconut flesh or green smoothies or juice of a fruit be just as beneficial if not more than filtered water. I never seem to drink enough liquid daily and hope this will set in motion a long term habit.

Participate in yoga daily (min of 30 mins)
I consider yoga a very important part to overall wellness for mind and body, therefore I would like to include it as a regular part to my everyday life rather than just the current 2 or 3 classes a week.

Meditate daily (min 15 mins)
To find stillness in the mind and body for just a few minutes everyday, has an enormous positive impact on ones emotions wellbeing and can also help to open up a connection towards greater spiritual awareness. 

Eat raw and organic food which are wholefood or the juice of that food (no dehydrating)
By eliminating processed raw foods such as nama shoyu, agave, nutritional yeast and dehydrated foods, and choosing to eat food that are in its whole natural form can greatly simplify ones eating habits in turn simplifying ones life which is where I believe happiness can be found.

Eat only during the hours of daylight  
By choosing to eat during daylight hours is a simple way to help connect back to nature and the natural cycles of life. With the use of artificial light, we corrupt our bodies natural rhythms, causing chaos. This will also eliminate the late evening, boredom eating, habit.

Indulge in 2 large meals a day - a high fruit and nut meal and a high green and vegetable meal  
By stating this guideline, I am hoping to simplify my meals to just these categories and then help to create a balanced daily intake from all raw food groups. Eating more than 2 large meals a day is not required on a raw diet, as your body will need to consume less, as it can absorb more.

Indulge in those snacks that are whole foods only - whole fruit, whole nuts, whole seeds, whole vegetables
Ultimately I would like to enjoy a life of snacks picked direct from the garden and orchards in our own backyard, so by including this as a part of my guideline, helps to bring this dream into reality. 

To keep me focused on these goals I have had them printed, laminated and clipped to the fridge for a daily viewing and included boxes to tick as I achieve these goals each day.

My new moon challenge daily accomplishment checklist


These are my personal goals that I have chosen to undertake over the next 30 days with the intention to incorporate their principles within my lifestyle as a journey towards our intended lifestyle of optimal health, greater spiritual connection, simplicity, self sufficiency and complete contentment. I hope they may inspire you to create your own.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment