Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Thursday 29 September 2011

Raw 'meaty rissoles' with garden salad and raw blueberry tart for dessert

Here was today's lunch - just as the title suggests "Raw 'meaty rissoles' with garden salad followed by a Raw Blueberry tart for dessert" - so simple, so delicious and so good for you!

I use to make variations of these little raw patties all the time. Its one of those things that I made often, then forgot about for awhile and then when I rediscover them, remember just how simple, versatile and tasty they are.

When I made them in the past, I would always dehydrate them overnight or longer to give them a cooked firmer texture, but as I am on my 'new moon challenge' which I have chosen to eliminate dehydrated foods, I just served them up fresh. And to my surprise and pleasure, both my kids scoffed them down exclaiming how delicious they were!
'They taste just like meat, Mum!' said Starzi helping herself to another.
'I love the food you make us Mum' said Rhody as he stuffs an entire patty into his mouth at once!
After eating all three from her own plate, Starzi then moved onto mine, eating my last one! I don't quite remember my kids enjoying them as much as that last time I made them, but I'm definitely not complaining!  

Recipe: Raw 'meaty rissoles'
Use equal parts left over carrot pulp from juicing and a combination of soaked or activated nuts and blend together to form a base 'meat' (I used activated pecans and almonds) Try to leave texture so dont over blend or you will end up with a pate.
To this 'meat' add what ever you wish to add flavour and then mould into patties. 
Today's patties were flavoured with cut fresh herbs from the garden - chives, oregano, basil and parsley.
I added a sprinkle of seasoned salt, a spoonful of homemade raw pesto and a teaspoon of homemade raw tomato paste.
In the past I have used nutritional yeast for a cheese flavour and dulse flakes for a fishy flavour. 
I season the moulded patties with a sprinkle of paprika, cumin and some cayenne pepper on the adults.

I served them with a dipping sauce from left over tomato dressing and left over tomato paste combined with water to thin.

Raw 'meaty rissoles'
As for a side salad, Starzi and I foraged through the garden to gather fresh greens and collected a bowl full. 

Freshly gathered greens from the garden
After chopping up the leaves we simply added some avocado, mushrooms and raw sprouted quinoa, then dressed with a scoop of my home made raw parsley pesto and sprinkled with activated pepitas and sunflower seeds

Fresh garden salad with raw sprouted quinoa
A quick delicious raw lunch served
Lunch was served and enjoyed outside, under the warm spring sunshine, with all the family.  

Then is was time to whip up a quick dessert, so, using the same principle as the blueberry cream from the other day , I transformed it into a tart.

Raw blueberry tart

   
Recipe: Raw Blueberry tart
Base: Combine about 2 cups of nuts (I used a mixture of macadamia, almonds and pecans) with dates (I used about 5) until mixture holds its shape. press into a cake tin.
Filling: Combine young coconut pulp with frozen blueberries in a high speed blender until smooth. You can add agave, but I didn't as I am eliminating processed sweeteners as a part of my new moon challenge for a month. Instead after the mixture was spread over the base, I drizzled some raw honey on top with a sprinkle of frozen blueberries.

Let the tart set in the freezer before serving. The honey freezes, forming an interesting toffee like addition to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment