Share my passion

Follow me on my journey through Motherhood, the Divine world of Raw Organic Eating, Greater Spiritual Awarness and a life that will eventually lead to Self Sufficiency and Complete Contentment.......This is my journey.....



Tuesday 27 September 2011

Yummy salad and dessert for the kids while I fast

Even though I have been fasting for the last 4 days, the kids have still been eating. Its during my fasting time that I will put a lot less effort into the kids meals, but I did find inspiration to whip up these 2 great dishes. Though I didn't get to taste them, they were enjoyed by the kids.

Raw Cheesey kale and mushroom salad
Raw cheesey Kale and mushroom salad
Recipe: Raw Cheesey kale and mushroom salad
I started by shredding a couple of kale leaves from the garden and adding a pinch of salt before massaging with the hands to begin the wilting process.
I then added chopped baby spinach, 
a spiraled carrot
an avocado cubed
Strips of sundried tomato that had been soaked for 20 mins
A handful of mushroom strips that had been coated in olive oil and nama shoyu for 5 mins. 
A clove of fresh crushed garlic
extra olive oil
dash of lemon juice
and a good sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
Toss everything.
I then covered the bowl with a glass lid and left to warm and wilt in the sun for half an hour before serving.

Though the kids did take 2 days to get through it all, they did seem to enjoy it.

And this was a quick last minute dessert I created tonight, based on the current extra supply of young coconut flesh on hand, due to my increase in coconut water on my fast.

Raw Blueberry coconut cream

Raw blueberry coconut cream dessert

Recipe: Raw blueberry coconut cream
Simply blend until smooth young coconut flesh and frozen blueberries.
Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with more blueberries, optional honey for a sweeter taste and shreds of coconut flesh.

Devouring the raw blueberry dessert

This dessert didn't take two days to eat, instead was devoured in 2 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment